Good question! Google includes many guides and quick steps on getting started with online advertising. They even include a quick setup solution called Adwords Express.
Is this something you should be doing? It depends on what your goals and objectives are.
You should ask yourself the following questions:
- What budget do you have available for online advertising?
- How much time do you have available to learn PPC?
- How much time do you have available to monitor and adjust campaigns for performance?
If your budget is very small (under $300/month) and you simply want to experiment to see what kind of traction you can get, feel free to read the Google Adwords Get Started Guide.
If you plan on spending a fair penny then strongly consider having experts manage your PPC advertising; much like you would have a mechanic repair your car (because they know how it’s done).
Time is money, and when running a business, large or small, time is typically your biggest constraint because you simply cannot have enough of it. This is why most often a business chooses to hire additional employees, or outsource work to other companies. As a business owner you simply cannot find the time to do all the work yourself!
PPC is something that takes time to become acquainted with and good at. If you’ve been reading our other articles you would know that it’s not as simple as it seems.
Plenty of options, tweaks, optimizations, adjustments that have to be made throughout a campaign.
If you are like most business owners, you will have very little time to do things yourself. Hiring someone is an option, but then you have to consider the cost of hourly wages/salary, employee expenses, overhead, and other costs. An in-house or contractor solution will typically cost more than outsourcing to a specialized agency.
Agencies are also more dependable than hiring individuals because they have a team of people working on your campaign and because decisions and responsibility is not left with one person.
So how do you know which agency is good to go with? Different agencies have different criteria.
Our Agency, Outreach Media, offers the full spectrum of campaign creation & management.
Here is just some of what is included in all our PPC packages
- Conversation with the business owner or marketing manager to best understand the business goals and objectives, services and/or products
- Market research, keyword research, keyword & ad creation, campaign strategy development, campaign creation and execution
- A team of experienced campaign managers that work actively in monitoring, optimizing and improving your campaigns with the simple goal of generating you more potential business from a very targeted online audience
- All the tweaks, adjustments, optimizations needed to increase the potential of a strong ROI.
- Monthly performance reporting and check-ups to see how well PPC is working for you. This includes phone calls, emails and follow-up’s
For more information please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to discuss how we can help.